Typinator turbo-charges your typing productivity.
Type a little. Typinator does the rest.
We’ve all faced projects that require repetitive typing tasks. With Typinator, you can store commonly used text and images in quick keywords and abbreviations. From email templates to code snippets to website URLs, there’s no easier way to recreate repetitive text at a moment’s notice.
- Uncomplicated configuration. Quickly and easily create abbreviations and assign replacement text and pictures.
- Simplified migration. If you already use TextExpander, TypeIt4Me, or a similar app, you can migrate to the highly praised Typinator using simple drag-and-drop importation methods.
- Conversion options. Instantly convert currency values, measurement units and more.
- Extensive app compatibility. Your text expansions function in all of your OS X and macOS apps with lightning-fast precision.
- Compatible with macOS Mojave
- Support for Mojave's dark mode
- Improved recovery from certain low-level problems
- Typinator now supports the Qingg (清歌输入法) input method for Chinese
- Improved display of invisible characters in the expansion field, especially with embedded pictures and tall fonts
- Clarified warning in the German version of the built-in installer
- Improved hotkey field implementation avoids issues when the window loses focus and is prepared for Mojave
- Improved graphical representation of many user interface items
- All internal URLs to the Ergonis server now use secure https connections
- Reduced network traffic when checking for new versions
- When Typinator does not have the required accessibility permissions, the explanation window now contains a button to open System Preferences
- New versions of all included subscription sets
- New version of the included ExternalIP script
- Works around an expansion problem that could crash Pro Tools
- Works around an inconvenience on Mojave, where the system asks once for each target application whether Typinator should be allowed to "control the application"
- Fixed a problem with "stuck keys" in input fields
- Fixed an issue with truncated messages in the Typinator window on Mojave
- Fixed a problem on Mojave, where the position of the top/bottom splitter in the Typinator window was not correctly updated
- Works around a problem with HTML expansions, which could crash Typinator
- Fixed dimmed display of the Typinator icon in the About window
- Fixed an inconsistency in the color representation of abbreviation preFixed and sufFixed in the "New Item" window
- Fixed a potential crash with keystrokes generated by expansions
- Improved memory handling in input forms avoids potential memory leaks
- Fixed cut-off pop-ups in form windows in case of extremely long text in an alternative
- Works around blurred content of input fields in the form window on non-Retina displays
- Fixed a problem where the progress window could not be dismissed when the update to a newer version failed
OS X 10.6 or later, 64-bit processor