Pixelmator Pro is an incredibly powerful, beautiful, and easy to use image editor designed exclusively for Mac.
With a wide range of professional-grade, nondestructive image editing tools, Pixelmator Pro lets you bring out the best in your photos, create gorgeous compositions and designs, draw, paint, apply stunning effects, design beautiful text, and edit images in just about any way you can imagine. And thanks to its intuitive and accessible design, Pixelmator Pro is delightfully easy to use – whether you’re just starting out with image editing or you’re a seasoned pro.
The modern, single-window interface is designed exclusively for working with images on a Mac. An intuitive and accessible design makes it easy for anyone to edit images – from complete beginners to design professionals.
The new ML Super Resolution feature lets you increase the resolution of images without blurriness or reduced quality using state-of-the-art machine learning.
Pixelmator Pro 1.7 Sequoia adds the ability to type text on paths and shapes, makes it possible to freely rotate the canvas to any angle, includes a friendly new welcome screen, and improves ML Super Resolution.
Type on a Path
- Easily type text on a path, a circle, or any other shape.
- Choose from three new type tools: Circular Type, Path Type, and Freeform Type.
- Or, to start typing on any existing path or shape, simply click any of its edges using any Type tool.
- The new Type tools also fully support emoji and SVG fonts.
- Use the new Shift-T keyboard shortcut to cycle through Type tools.
- Text layers typed on paths can be easily converted into shapes.
- Use the new canvas rotation feature to freely rotate your canvas to any angle.
- You can rotate the canvas using the rotate Multi-Touch gesture.
- Canvas rotation snaps to 90° angles with haptic feedback.
- Enter specific angles to set an exact rotation.
- Press and hold the Space bar and R key together, then drag to quickly rotate the canvas when using any tool.
- You can also choose to always show or hide canvas rotation controls in the View menu.
- A friendly new welcome screen makes it easier to open your existing images, create new ones, and open photos from your Photos library.
- The Welcome screen appears automatically when you open Pixelmator Pro, but you can also open it from the Window menu or using the Shift-Command-1 keyboard shortcut.
- Preview files in the new Welcome screen using Quick Look by pressing the Space bar on your keyboard.
Improvements and Fixes
- Version 3 of the ML Super Resolution algorithm brings support for upscaling RAW files, a progress bar, and even sharper results.
- The performance of the Clone tool has been improved.
- Converting a masked layer that has been transformed using the Transform tool into pixels would not work correctly. Fixed.
- Transforming group layers containing layers that have been recently masked would not work correctly. Fixed.
- On macOS 10.14 or later, memory usage would occasionally spike when working on large documents. Fixed.
- Graphical artifacts would sometimes appear when resizing or moving layers in certain situations. Fixed.
macOS 10.13 or later, 64-bit processor