Pixelmator Pro is an incredibly powerful, beautiful, and easy to use image editor designed exclusively for Mac.
With a wide range of professional-grade, nondestructive image editing tools, Pixelmator Pro lets you bring out the best in your photos, create gorgeous compositions and designs, draw, paint, apply stunning effects, design beautiful text, and edit images in just about any way you can imagine. And thanks to its intuitive and accessible design, Pixelmator Pro is delightfully easy to use – whether you’re just starting out with image editing or you’re a seasoned pro.
The modern, single-window interface is designed exclusively for working with images on a Mac. An intuitive and accessible design makes it easy for anyone to edit images – from complete beginners to design professionals.
The new ML Super Resolution feature lets you increase the resolution of images without blurriness or reduced quality using state-of-the-art machine learning.
Automation with AppleScript
- Pixelmator Pro is now scriptable using AppleScript with an extensive and full-featured scripting dictionary.
- Write scripts using over 60 application-specific commands together with all the standard AppleScript terms.
- Take advantage of automation-specific commands like 'detect face', 'detect QR code' and 'replace text' to create powerful and versatile scripts.
- Check out the Pixelmator Pro dictionary in the Script Editor app and learn more about scripting with Pixelmator Pro on our Tutorials site.
Improvements and Fixes
- The Repair and Clone tools now work nondestructively with RAW layers, preserving all their extended dynamic range data.
- You can now reset all changes made to RAW layers with the Transform, Repair, and Clone tools using the new Reprocess RAW command, which you can find by Control-clicking a layer in the Layers sidebar.
- In that same shortcut menu, you'll also find a new Export RAW command which lets you export the original RAW file directly from Pixelmator Pro.
- The performance of the Repair tool has been improved — starting a Repair tool brushstroke should now be much faster and the tool should also be more responsive in large images.
- The Paint tools will now start painting more quickly and responsively while the image is being scrolled, zoomed, or otherwise animated.
- When using the Repair tool with Sidecar and Apple Pencil, it should now be a little less sensitive to pressure changes to make it easier to paint strokes with more consistent sizes.
- The Repair tool overlay would sometimes not be visible when layers were behind certain other layers. Fixed.
- The scrollbars would not work correctly when drawing shapes with the Pen tool. Fixed.
- In certain cases, it was not possible to edit the text inside path text layers. Fixed.
- Text would sometimes shift slightly when starting to transform path text or edit its path. Fixed.
- The two-finger canvas rotation gesture can now be disabled using the following Terminal command: defaults write com.pixelmatorteam.pixelmator.x canvasRotationGestureEnabled -bool false
macOS 10.13 or later, 64-bit processor