MacPilot gives you the power of UNIX and the simplicity of Macintosh, which means a phenomenal amount of untapped power in your hands! Use MacPilot to unlock over 1,200 features, and access them all with the easy and familiar Macintosh user interface. No command line tools or complicated file operations!
Display hidden files in the Finder, disable the startup chime, add spacers and stacks to the Dock, change the screenshot file format, run maintenance tools, tweak network settings, force empty the Trash, and tons more. Keep yourself in awe and busy for days as you discover how much Mac OS X has “under the hood”.
Get out of the passenger seat and take control of your Mac. Set your login window picture, use the screensaver as your Desktop, modify advanced file permissions (ACL), change the system welcome message, enable simultaneous recordings in QuickTime, view system logs, or enable the Debug menu in numerous apps.
Or perhaps you’re feeling the need for a simpler lifestyle? Disable the Notification Centre, virtual memory, Dashboard and iCloud saving. Ditch time-wasting graphical animations, prevent system sleep, suspend Safari’s web caching, disable App Nap, remove the downloaded files warning message, and more!
- UI for file search updated to be substantially more modern. Can now right-click results to reveal in Finder or launch
- Change system spring delay
- File Kinds/Sizes are now retrieved in the File Search thread instead of post-fact. This speeds things up and frees up the UI
- Hide/show Library folder works again
- Files/folders in File Browser are once again alphabetical
- Progress window now shows status when operation completes if there were output messages
- Fixed crash while loading BOM receipts
- No more infinite message box loop when no results found with Locate
- Drop arrow no longer shown in search fields where additional search options are not available
- Progress window when expanded and the user clicks to drag resize it, no longer snaps closed
- Progress window results text fields now expands with the window when resized
- Locate (super old command) replaced with an advanced Spotlight query.
macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor