Firefox offers a fast, safe Web browsing experience. Browse quickly, securely, and effortlessly. With its industry-leading features, Firefox is the choice of Web development professionals and casual users alike.
Mozilla Firefox for Mac is a versatile and feature-packed browser with advanced security features that can hide shared user activity and has customizable privacy settings that protect your system from unwanted tracking and harmful software.
Mozilla Firefox is perfect for casual searches as well as more complex queries.
You no longer need an app or extension to take screenshots because when you download Firefox for Mac you get a brand new capture tool that captures any part of a webpage and makes images available for download online.
Faster and Better
Since the release of Quantum is now twice as fast as its predecessors and needs 30% less memory than its main competitor Chrome.
Firefox interface is intuitive to use with tools and features that are easy to locate.
The dashboard-style homepage offers access to:
- Different search bars
- Synchronization across devices and platforms
- Customizable toolbars
- Customizable page layouts
- Advanced saving options
- Brand new screen capturing tool
- Facebook container extension – separate activity on Facebook from other web activities.
- Enhanced and customizable privacy tracking protection settings could slow down browsing speeds, but protects your privacy.
- Protect your computer from malware and harmful software
- Lockbox Password manager for password-free login
- Firefox Monitor, check, and set alerts for any email breaches.
- Run Firefox in Safe Mode
- Backup your Firefox Profile
- Site optimization for a smooth browsing experience
- Tiled history: a tiled display of the sites you’ve visited lately
- Session Restore
- Firefox’s Enhanced Tracking Protection marks a major new milestone in our battle against cross-site tracking: we now block fingerprinting scripts by default for all users, taking a new bold step in the fight for our users’ privacy.
- Firefox replaces annoying notification request pop-ups with a more delightful experience, by default for all users. The pop-ups no longer interrupt your browsing, in its place, a speech bubble will appear in the address bar when you interact with the site.
- Picture-in-picture video is now also available in Firefox for Mac and Linux: Select the blue icon from the right edge of a video to pop open a floating window so you can keep watching while working in other tabs or apps.
- Various security fixes
- Support for blocking images from individual domains has been removed from Firefox, because of low usage and poor user experience.
- Experimental support for using client certificates from the OS certificate store can be enabled by setting the preference security.osclientcerts.autoload to true (Windows only).
- Debugger Watchpoints let developers observe object property access and writes for easier to track data flow through an application.
- Firefox now supports simulation of meta viewport in Responsive Design Mode.
OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor