A Better Finder Attributes 6 allows you to change JPEG & RAW shooting dates, JPEG EXIF meta-data tags, file creation & modification dates, file flags and deal with invisible files.
Correct EXIF Digital Photo Shooting Timestamps
A Better Finder Attributes 6 allows you to manipulate JPEG, CR2, NEF, ARF, RAF, SR2, CRW & CIFF EXIF timestamps at will by setting them to specific times or batch adjusting them by adding and removing time (useful for correcting the timestamps of images taken with a digital camera with a incorrectly set clock and to compensate for timezone changes).
Correct Finder Sorting for Digital Photos
A Better Finder Attributes 6 also allows you to synchronize the file creation and modification dates with the shooting dates of JPEG EXIF as well as a wide variety of RAW formats, so that files sort properly in the Finder and other systems.
Change, Add & Remove JPEG EXIF Meta-Data
A Better Finder Attributes 6 allows the most commonly used JPEG EXIF meta-data tags, such as copyright & owner information, camera & lens specifactions, some exposure information and much else besides to be directly manipulated.
You can strip JPEG EXIF information from a file altogether, strip GPS and IPTC location data or edit individual tags.
Total File Creation & Modification Date Control
A Better Finder Attributes 6 gives you total control over file creation and modification dates, setting them to specific times and dates, adding or removing time or simply removing them altogether.
Setting Mac File Flags
A Better Finder Attributes 6 supports setting all common Mac file system flags. You can set whether or not file extensions appear in the Finder, batch lock or unlock files, set or remove legacy creation & type codes, remove invisible files, restart the Finder in a special mode that shows invisible files, batch set Finder labels and force Finder updates.
Showing & Deleting Invisible Files
A Better Finder Attributes 6 can delete invisible files, such as .DS_Store, that can lead to problems when delivering files to non-Mac systems and play havoc with Unix tools such as version control and archiving tools.
On top of this A Better Finder Attributes has a special “Show Invisible Files” feature hidden in the “Tools” menu that switches the Finder to a special mode in which invisible files become visible
Other Noteworthy Features
- Batch operation
- Create Droplets for automated processing
- Drag-and-drop into the file list or onto the application icon
- Select files in the Finder and activate A Better Finder Attributes 5 via the Finder context menu or via a hot key
- Automatically deals with file date consistency rules
- Separate processing for files and folders, batch processing of sub-folders
- Additionally, A Better Finder Attributes 5 gives you control over:
- Whether or not file extensions appear in the Finder
- Batch locking or unlocking of files
- Setting or removing legacy creator and type codes
- Removing invisible files
- Seeing invisible files in the Finder
- Batch setting of Finder labels
- Forcing the Finder to update its information about files and folders
- Release notes were unavailable when this listing was updated.
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor