Textual is the world’s most popular application for interacting with Internet Relay Chat (IRC) chatrooms on OS X.
First appearing in 2010, Textual has since evolved and matured into the top IRC client for OS X; relied on and trusted by thousands of people.
• Textual includes two elegantly designed dark and light variants of the user interface which have been refined all the way down to the very last pixel.
Powerful, yet lightweight
• Textual supports very powerful modern technologies such as native IPv6, the latest IRCv3 specifications, client-side certificate authentication, and much, much more in an easy to navigate, clutter free environment.
Privacy is valued
• Textual protects your privacy by leveraging widely accepted, proven technologies such as Off-the-Record Messaging (OTR) to ensure that the only people reading your conversations are those that you intend to.
• Textual takes customization to the next level with styles created using well documented, open web standards in addition to addons built using a multitude of programming languages such as AppleScript, Objective-C, PHP, Python, Perl, Ruby, Shell, and Swift.
Textual also includes…
• Multi-channel selection
• Quick navigation using fuzzy searching
• Inline nickname colorization
• Rich array of keyboard shortcuts
• iCloud support for syncing connections and preferences
• Address Book for tracking when friends are online & offline
• Powerful, customizable, rule-based ignore matching
• Inline media embedding (Show images inline with chat)
• Auto-Completion for nicknames, commands, and channels
• Growl and native Notification Center support
• Bold, color, italic, and underline text formatting
• Built in support for converting text emoticons to emojis
• Powerful ZNC integration for power users
• Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL)
• SOCKS4, SOCKS5, and HTTP proxy support (with or without SSL)
• Support for sending self-signed certificates for authentication
• Support for validating and specifying trust for untrusted certificates
- Added support for sending text formatted with a fixed width (monospace) font.
- Added support for sending text formatted with any color.
- CTCP TIME now responds with the date and time formatted as ISO 8601.
- CTCP USERINFO now replies with the Real name value of your identity.
- You can change your Real name in the Identity section of Server Properties.
- Fixed a crash that may occur when running Textual on OS X Mavericks.
- Fixed a crash that may occur when clicking the "Frequently Asked Questions" menu item.
OS X 10.8.3 or later, 64-bit processor