Submerge is the easiest way to add hardcoded subtitles to your movies and TV shows.
The subtitled movie will play on almost anything, like your computer, smartphone, portable device, or game console. Submerge supports many text-based subtitle formats as input, and you can export the subtitled movie for the most common devices in just one click. Submerge also has a built-in subtitle search-and-download tool that makes finding the right subtitles really easy. It also has a fullscreen player built-in, so you can watch the subtitled movie directly within Submerge.
- Create subtitled movies that are playable on your computer, smartphone, portable device or game console.
- Add subtitles to almost any visual format like mov, avi, mkv, mp4 etc.
- Supports the major subtitle file formats like SubRip (.srt), SubViewer 1 & 2 (.sub), SubStation Alpha (.ssa/.ass) and MicroDVD.
- Find subtitle files easily using the built-in subtitle search tool.
- Exporter presets for iPhone, iPod, iPad, Apple TV, Cellphone, PSP, PS3, Wii and Xbox 360.
- Force aspect ratio to 16:9, 4:3 or 3:2 to use your monitor space more efficiently.
- Watch subtitled movies in fullscreen without leaving the application.
- Merge multiple movies together using simple copy and paste.
- Localized in English, Italian, French, Finnish, Spanish, Greek, Portuguese/Brazilian, Dutch, German, Slovak, Russian, Polish, Traditional Chinese and Swedish.
- Support for macOS Mojave and Dark Mode
- FFmpeg updated to the 4.0 "Wu" release
- New 4K export presets for H.264 and H.265 (HEVC)
- Replaced some deprecated FFmpeg API's for better performance and stability
- Metadata is now fetched from The Movie Database (TMDb)
- Now better handles subtitle files with extra empty lines and spaces
- iTunes Timed Text parser now reads the time codes correctly
- Various bug fixes and "under the hood" improvements
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor