QuarkXPress 2018 is the new version that raises the bar for design and productivity. With non-destructive graphics and image editing directly within your layout, you no longer have to choose between efficiency and output quality – have both. Create responsive HTML5 publications as well as “unlimited”* single iOS apps. And if you love text and typography, QuarkXPress 2017 expands your horizons there too.
What’s more, the team has worked around the clock to implement as many customer ‘wish list’ features as possible. Customers drive our software and our job is to make every QuarkXPress user smarter and faster in their work. While continuing to focus on ensuring this is the most reliable and high performance design software, QuarkXPress 2017 is driven by five initiatives:
- ‘Wish list’ features requested by our users
- Enhancing and extending text and typography features
- Introducing new graphics and image editing capabilities
- Continued digital publishing innovation
- Retaining the perpetual lifetime license model
- Increased performance: Additional multi-threading on macOS and Windows using Asynchronous Image Rendering to increase the responsiveness of QuarkXPress documents so users can start working instantly when opening large documents or when complex PDFs are being placed.
- Automatic Fit & Fill Attribute for Image Scaling: Keeps images automatically adjusted to the picture box if it is resized.
- Enhanced HTML5 Publications (progressive web apps): Text with drop shadows are exported as live text (to enable full text search), increased accessibility score and rendering of pages is now even faster.
- Dark Theme: To make the experience on Mojave seamless, the October Update adds a "dark theme" on macOS.
- Unicode/OpenType: Enhanced Unicode features like orthographic syllable boundaries and conjunct creation, support for Unicode 10 and Stylistic Set 0 support.
- PDF Accessibility: PAC tool compliance.
- And more.
OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor