PowerPhotos allows you to break up your Photos.app images among multiple Photos libraries, rather than having to store all of them in one giant library. You can easily switch between libraries, or just browse the photos in your libraries directly from PowerPhotos, without having to open each library in Photos.
PowerPhotos also supports searching across all your libraries at once to help track down a particular photo. If you use iCloud Photo Library to sync photos with your other devices, splitting up your library can help save on iCloud storage costs. Use a single library to hold a smaller collection that you sync with iCloud, while keeping the bulk of your photos in separate libraries so they don’t take up space on iCloud. PowerPhotos can analyze your libraries for duplicate photos, showing them to you side-by-side and letting you get rid of extra copies of photos that you no longer need.
- Added a workaround for issues reading locked libraries
- When merging, we now add "from [library name]" to the end of the name of each "iPhoto Events" folder copied from one of the source libraries.
- PowerPhotos now properly finds imported photos if Photos changes the case of the file extension.
- Fixed an issue where PowerPhotos could fail to relaunch Photos after it quit during a merge
- Updated "Has custom name" duplicate criteria to better match Photos' naming behavior
macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor