Keep It is for writing notes, saving web links, storing documents, and finding them again. Available on Mac, and as a separate app for iPhone and iPad, changes are automatically made available across all your devices with iCloud. Keep It is the destination for all those things you want to put somewhere, confident you will find them again later.
- Create, edit, view and save:
- Notes with styles, checklists and attachments that look good and read well on all your devices
- Web links with live previews, or saved as PDFs for offline viewing
- Rich and plain text files, and Markdown documents
- Add any other kind of file, and see previews for most images, documents, web pages, and more
- See summaries and thumbnails in the list for most files
- Use the Recents list to see things you’ve added or viewed lately
- Share items with iCloud
- Folders let you organise things hierarchically – select a folder to see everything it and its subfolders contain
- Use bundles to gather items into one place – items can be in more than one bundle at a time
- Use labels to color-code items for quick visual recognition
- Add searchable tags and comments
- Make items favorites and drag lists to the Favorites Bar for quick access
- Search and Filter:
- Search everything in Keep It: names, tags, file contents, dates, kinds and more
- Choose suggestions as you search to create complex searches with ease
- Use keywords and natural language for dates while searching
- Save searches for later reuse
- Use the Tag Filter to see all items with a tag and any other relevant tags; choose another tag to drill down further
- Use Keep It with other apps:
- Compact Mode reduces the app to a single column, ideal for using alongside other apps
- Drag pretty much anything to Keep It
- Copy clickable links to items in Keep It
- Share extension can add links, text, images and other files, and append text to notes from within other apps
- Save files to Keep It’s folders to automatically add them to the library
- Use a bookmarklet to add links from web browsers that don’t use Share extensions
- An issue with audio attachments in notes and rich text documents.
- An issue using fonts with variable weights as the default in Markdown documents.
- An issue where the scroll position of Markdown documents may change unnecessarily while typing.
- An issue extracting summaries and thumbnails from encrypted PDFs that are not locked for viewing.
- Issues with PDFs that can’t be edited.
- A crash that could occur when an item’s summary cannot be updated.
- A crash when viewing an outdated Welcome to Keep It item in Dark Mode.
- An issue changing font size using the format bar when a checklist is selected.
- A crash that could occur when applying labels with the Touch Bar, and "No Label" visible
macOS 10.13 or later, 64-bit processor