Acorn is a new image editor built with one goal in mind – simplicity. Fast, easy, and fluid, Acorn provides the options you’ll need without any overhead. Acorn feels right, and won’t drain your bank account.
- Take screenshots using Acorn and edit them right away.
- Chain together image filters to create stunning effects.
- Layer based image editing, an industry standard.
- Make new images and layers using your built-in iSight.
- Easy image and canvas resizing, just by changing the size of your window.
- Take advantage of every pixel of your monitor with full screen image editing.
- Tablet sensitive for pressure strokes and using the tablet’s eraser.
- Vector shape and text layers.
- Freeform, elliptical, rectangular, and magic wand selections.
- Create and apply custom text styles.
- Control opacity and blending modes for each layer.
- Write plugins using the Python scripting language, as well as in Objective-C.
- GPU powered. The same graphics card that makes your gaming experience smooth, helps Acorn fly through the toughest of graphics operations.
- A problem where instant alpha wasn't working on deep color images.
- A problem where starting a new oval selection with the shift key down wouldn't make a circle selection right away.
- Hey did you know holding down the shift key when a selection is present will add to the current selection? And holding down the option key will remove from the selection. And holding both option and the shift key will perform a union to an existing selection.
- A problem with the brush palette where you the softness slider was enabled for brushes which don't have a softness setting.
- Some problems making deep color images when running on 10.11.
OS X 10.11.4 or later, 64-bit processor