Wirecast is an all-in-one live streaming production application that provides the required tools to capture video, encode it and broadcast it to multiple servers and platforms at the same time.
Support for a wide variety of camera models
You can use Wirecast with an unlimited number of camera inputs ranging from web cams to DV/HDV, SDI cameras to IP and web-based sources and wireless devices. You just have to plugin your device and Wirecast will automatically recognize it as a live feed.
The supported input sources include USB, Web cams, SDI, composite, S-Video, DV/HDV, Component, HD-SDI, HDMI sources, IP Cameras, ONVIF, Web stream source and screen capture sources.
What is more, you can use Desktop Presenter to broadcast your own desktop if you need to display Keynote or PowerPoint presentations, product demonstrations, online interviews or game streams.
Layer-based editing system
Moreover, Wirecast features support for up to 35 layers of live compositing. Hence, you can effortlessly place watermarks, background music and other visual elements over your webcast.
As expected, you can also add titles and lower thirds, with more than 30 built-in professional looking broadcast title themes. You just have to select the one that fits your content, type in the text and apply it to your broadcast.
You can also use well-designed transitions to switch from different sources and generate effects and transitions in real time.
By using Wirecast, you can easily stream to multiple destinations using different bitrates at the same time. Thus, you can stream in both SD and HD to a live streaming service and even your own internal streaming server.
You can stream and or save your production to your Mac’s hard disk if you intend to archive the video or distribute it on-demand. Wirecast’s External Display Output feature helps you display your live Wirecast stream on an external monitor for your in-house audience.
- NDI ISO Recording and Replay
- Wirecast can now record independent NDI source feeds (ISO recording of NDI feeds). This also enables the use of NDI sources for instant replay
- Double click volume slider to set volume level to 0db
- Improve name reporting of Facebook Location Pages
- Reset button for Crop Controls in Shot Layer Properties
- Update notification dialog to inform users if the update can be ran given their support status
- Update the error message for Stock Media when support is expired
- Update the NDI SDK to the latest 3.8 version
- When adding a shot from 'Edit' Menu allow the user an easier way to add a source
- Add additional logging to diagnose timestamp issues in RTMP outputs
- Adding an NDI source from VLC the video output is missing with certain sources
- Ampersand incorrectly displayed on the Controllers Tab in Preferences
- Audio looping when NDI Sources become unavailable
- Blackmagic Devices through NDI not available in Wirecast
- Changing the graphics adapter then clicking restart causes indefinite hang
- Changing the system language and locale to certain languages will cause the preferences to reset at startup
- Colorspace dropdown is hidden when a source switches from RGB to YUV
- Crash changing Canvas Size
- Crash choosing Replay destination folder after adding duplicate Shortcut
- Crash when opening a Wirecast document with specific Text Sources
- Crash when reaching the Twitter/Periscope authorization timeout
- Custom Presets are not available when using platform presets
- Dynamic Destination Protocol: x264_preset not respected
- Improper capitalization in lead sentence in Stock Media Library warning message
- Improper layout when expanding the Add Shot dialog box
- Improper layout when resizing the Stock Media dialog box
- Improve LinkedIn Live failure logging
- Incorrect frame rate streaming to Wowza
- Korean Language - Web Stream configuration fields missing
- Labels swapped for shadow interface settings
- LinkedIn Live - Streaming to an organization then creating a broadcast as member results in server error
- LinkedIn Live - Switching between accounts does not refresh organizations popup
- LinkedIn Live - Unable to create a broadcast after finishing a broadcast
- Japanese: Incorrect formatting of a hyperlink on the Welcome to Wirecast screen
- Japanese: Incorrect translation for "Tip of the Day"
- Memory leaks while looping video
- Multi-Viewer Config Window shows incorrect resolution when a monitor is scaled at 200%
- NDI - Tampered Network Traffic with NDI Source causes Wirecast to crash
- Selecting the low bandwidth option results in bad video
- Out of process Task Sources will not display at full refresh rate in the multi-viewer until the source enters Preview/Live
- Odd license behavior when you select "Buy Wirecast" then close the purchase window
- QR Code inverted
- Remote rendezvous guest still hears audio from the microphone at full volume level
- Show the correct error message when entering a blacklisted serial
- Show the correct error message when entering an invalid serial
- Show the correct error message when exceeding the activation limit
- Stock Media Library: License tab of Preferences should indicate support date is also for SML
- Stock Media Library no character limit or restriction in search box.
- Support Restream.IO Chat in Web Page shot
- Text: Shadow Checkbox does not retain state
- Trial License does not allow certain PRO audio features
- Web Page source not animating, just static images
- Windows Media Server port number does not change
- Wirecast crashed when changing output audio device on macOS
- Wirecast One MBP Touch Bar displays five layers
- Wowza Stream Engine Logs report incorrect frame rate metadata
- XKEYS - Transition indicator lights are backwards unless the default transitions are used
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor