Things is a task management solution that helps to organize your tasks in an elegant and intuitive way. Things combines powerful features with simplicity through the use of tags and its intelligent filter bar. A Leopard style source list allows for quick and easy focusing. Together with a beautiful user interface, Things aims at the seemingly impossible: making task management both easy and fun.
Our screencast is a great introduction. Learn from our users why Things is different by visiting either on i use thisor Newsvine.
- The big picture. A Leopard-style source list lets you easily focus without ever switching view modes or wrapping your head around filter criteria.
- A magical tag bar automatically appears when needed and adapts to the currently displayed list. It lets you drill down even the longest list of To-Dos. Hierarchical tags? We got you covered!
- Teamwork. Things offers convenient collaboration features. Easily delegate tasks to members of your team. (This is work in progress.)
- No columns! Whether it’s multiple tags, dates or notes, To-Do items display their information on an as needed basis. No more space wasted by empty or irrelevant column cells!
- Out of your head, out of your way. A quick entry HUD lets you enter any idea the moment it hits you. Never let the thought of an unfinished business distract you again.
- Yours forever. We won’t lock you in. Things will use an open XML file format to store your data. (Not yet activated.)
- Things even supports GTD, so if you’re familiar and comfortable with GTD concepts, you’ll feel right at home.
- A checklist item’s contents now remain visible while dragging it around.
- Fixed an issue where trying to expand a to-do after dragging it would expand a different to-do.
- Fixed an issue where the Quick Entry window would be dismissed (or an expanded to-do would be collapsed) if you hit the Esc key while a popover menu was still visible.
- Fixed an issue where Handoff wouldn’t work between Mac (App Store version) and iOS.
- Fixed an issue where pasting a single line of text into a to-do would strip out any leading or trailing spaces.
- Fixed an issue where an item couldn’t be revealed (from a notification, the Today Widget, or Quick Find) if the list was already filtered by a tag that hid that item from view; the list will now become unfiltered to reveal it.
- Added a work-around for an issue with DEVONThink that affected pasting rich-text contents from that app into Things.
- Fixed an issue where the Today Widget wouldn’t work in beta builds.
- Fixed an issue where x-success callbacks weren’t called after adding a to-do via Quick Entry.
- Fixed some sporadic crashes that could occur when switching between other apps and Things.
- Augmented the sync triggers while editing a to-do; changes will now also be synced when your Mac is about to sleep.
- Augmented the sync triggers while editing a project or area; changes will now also be synced when your Mac is about to sleep, you switch away to another app, or if your last interaction with Things was more than ~60 seconds ago.
OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor