Folx combines two functionalities – of download manager and torrent client. It makes downloading extremely easy: just open the page with the file to be downloaded, click the link in your browser, and Folx will start the download for you. Its auto-resume option comes handy when the downloading gets interrupted. You can also assign a tag or a few to the downloaded content for accurate and easy search through the downloaded files.
There are many basic features included in the free trial. However, the Pro version brings such handy features as splitting the downloads in up to 20 threads which speeds up the download process; scheduling the download tasks according to your convenience; smart speed adjustment option (download speed will be adjusted automatically whenever you need to use Internet traffic to run other applications), iTunes integration, searching the web for torrents directly from Folx and password manager.
- Overall performance and stability
- The speed of downloading from YouTube
- Some errors while downloading videos from YouTube
- Minor issues with context menu "Download With Folx" in Safari on macOS 10.11-10.13
- Other minor fixes and improvements
OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor