Wirecast is an all-in-one live streaming production application that provides the required tools to capture video, encode it and broadcast it to multiple servers and platforms at the same time.
Support for a wide variety of camera models
You can use Wirecast with an unlimited number of camera inputs ranging from web cams to DV/HDV, SDI cameras to IP and web-based sources and wireless devices. You just have to plugin your device and Wirecast will automatically recognize it as a live feed.
The supported input sources include USB, Web cams, SDI, composite, S-Video, DV/HDV, Component, HD-SDI, HDMI sources, IP Cameras, ONVIF, Web stream source and screen capture sources.
What is more, you can use Desktop Presenter to broadcast your own desktop if you need to display Keynote or PowerPoint presentations, product demonstrations, online interviews or game streams.
Layer-based editing system
Moreover, Wirecast features support for up to 35 layers of live compositing. Hence, you can effortlessly place watermarks, background music and other visual elements over your webcast.
As expected, you can also add titles and lower thirds, with more than 30 built-in professional looking broadcast title themes. You just have to select the one that fits your content, type in the text and apply it to your broadcast.
You can also use well-designed transitions to switch from different sources and generate effects and transitions in real time.
By using Wirecast, you can easily stream to multiple destinations using different bitrates at the same time. Thus, you can stream in both SD and HD to a live streaming service and even your own internal streaming server.
You can stream and or save your production to your Mac’s hard disk if you intend to archive the video or distribute it on-demand. Wirecast’s External Display Output feature helps you display your live Wirecast stream on an external monitor for your in-house audience.
NEW - Wirecast Rendezvous | Multi-site production with remote guests:
- Easily bring in remote guests without additional hardware or software for the guest
- Send them a link and they can join on a smart device or Chrome/Firefox browser
- Add up to 2 guests in Studio, 7 guests in PRO (Note: Subject to available bandwidth)
- Screen share and Tally lights
- Companion iOS app (Wirecast Go) for mobile guests
NEW - Completely NEW rendering engine:
- Huge performance increases
- (WIN) Upgrade to Direct 3D 11
- Added Z-rotation
- Resize, rotate, and crop handles directly in the Preview Window.
- Asset Snap-to-grid, Guidelines, and Centering.
- Add Reflection and/or Drop Shadow to any source.
NEW - Multi-Viewer Output System:
- Support for up to 17 slot multi-viewer output (up to 4 in Studio) to any attached display.
- Send different configurations (1x, 2x, 4x, 10x, 17x) to different monitors.
- NEW - Multi-Channel Audio Ingest:
- Support for up to 16 channels of input via each connected professional audio interface, each NDI source, and/or each capture card input with embedded audio.
NEW - Multi-Track Audio Support (Pro only) – up to 8 tracks:
- Multi-language streaming.
- Multi-language recordings.
- Isolate audio sources for post-production.
- Behind-the-scenes or other commentary track support.
NEW - Major encoding engine upgrade:
- Substantially less system resource usage for most content when encoding with x264.
- Higher quality x264 encoding.
- Tighter bit rate variations when utilizing CBR (constant bit rate).
NEW - Automatic color space matrix with options for override:
- No more washed out looking sources, Wirecast will auto detect the color space and apply any appropriate conversions to maintain color quality throughout the entire workflow.
- NEW - NewBlueFX Titler Live 3 - Complete titling suite with social media titling templates, sports templates, and much more.
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor