WinZip now lets you access key features more easily, share links to files in the cloud, and zip and protect with confidence:
- Zip and unzip files instantly with WinZip’s trusted compression
- Protect files with strong AES encryption
- Share directly to iCloud Drive, Dropbox, Google Drive and ZipShare, from within WinZip
- Successfully email large files and minimize storage needs
New in 5
- Easily share links to files in the cloud – WinZip Mac 5 automatically generates a link when you upload your zip file to a cloud service. The link is placed in your clipboard so you can easily paste it into other apps, such as Skype, for quick sharing.
- Apply to all files in your Zip – Resize images in a Zip file without having to manually unzip and then zip them back up.
- Resize images – Resize images any time you create a Zip file, not just when emailing.
- More resize options – Choose from two additional options for resizing images: X-Large (1920 x 1536) and XX-Large (2880 x 2304).
- Actions pane – Easily access frequently used features, including encryption, image resizing, link sharing and zip actions, on this new context-sensitive pane. Show or hide the Actions pane as needed with the new toolbar button.
- Quick Action button – Use this menu on the Zip pane selection bar for fast access to many actions, including Unzip, Rename, Delete, Get Info and Quick Look.
- Preserve the View type – During the Save process, WinZip Mac now saves the currently selected view type before saving the Zip file and then restores the view type when it re-opens the Zip file. This prevents the view type from changing during a Save if the current type does not match the default type.
- .app file display – To simplify unzipping .app files in a Zip, they are now displayed as a file in the view instead of as a folder.
- Default SaveLast Access Locations – A “New file location” default is used when saving a new Zip file. There is also a last accessed location to use as the default when requesting a location that is “from this Mac” or “to this Mac”. And there is a last accessed location used as the default when requesting a location that is “from the iCloud Drive” or “to iCloud Drive”.
- Re-use password – Additional encrypted files are added to a Zip of encrypted files using the same password, rather than requesting an additional password. Password re-use is available for the length of that Zip session.
- Check your password – Select the new “Show Password” checkbox to view your password and ensure it is entered correctly.
- Apply to all files in the Zip – Encrypt files in an existing Zip without having to manually unzip them and then zip them back up with encryption enabled.
- Access key features more easily.
- Share links to files in the cloud.
- Encrypt files and/or resize images in a Zip file without having to unzip/zip it again, and more.
OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor