WinOnX lets you run your Windows applications on OS X without the need of buying a Windows license.
Well, you even do not need to install Windows.
Just download WinOnX and you are ready to go within 2 minutes.
No need to install Windows or a virtual machine.
- WinOnX should only be used for applications which are not available for OS X. Whenever an application is available for OS X, we strongly recommend to use this version.
- WinOnX is based on the open source Wine project. It is a layer which redirects the communication between an application and Windows to OS X. As a result not all applications are fully compatible. Most applications run fine, some run even faster but also some run slower or even crash.
You can look at http://appdb.winehq.org/ to get some information how good your application might work with WinOnX which is an ongoing project. In case your Windows application does not work at the moment, there is a good chance that it will work after one of the next updates.
- Currently full screen applications (especially games) are only limited supported. We are currently working on a version which will support both full screen for Snow Leopard as well as for Lion.
- Fixed compatibility bugs related to OS X 10.7.5 and 10.8.2
- Fixed a bug which caused problems during secure authentication
- Updated to Wine 1.4.1
Intel, OS X 10.6 or later