VueScan is a scanning program that works with most high-quality flatbed and film scanners to produce scans that have excellent color fidelity and color balance. VueScan is easy to use, and has advanced features for restoring faded colors, batch scanning and other features used by professional photographers.
Why should you use VueScan?
- Easy to use – just run VueScan, press Preview, adjust the cropping, then press Scan.
- Accurate colors – uses ICC profiles and IT8 calibration.
- Powerful – dozens of advanced options.
- Faster workflow – can edit one image while the next image is being scanned (most scanner software won’t let you work with one image while another is being scanned).
- Simple to install – installing VueScan changes nothing on your system, installs nothing in your operating system and all other scanner software will continue to function.
- Enhanced multi page options
- Output | TIFF multi page
- Output | JPEG multi page
- Output | PDF multi page
- Output | OCR text multi page
- If set to 'Off', one file per scan is produced
- If set to 'On', one file can have any number of pages
- If set to 'Blank page', a blank page causes a new file to be started
- Option enabled if 'Input | Mode' set to 'Doc Feeder' or 'Duplex Feeder'
- Blank pages are not saved
- If set to 'Front/Back', the front and back of a duplex scan saved per file
- Option enabled if 'Input | Mode' set to 'Duplex Feeder'
- Useful for scanning postcards (two sided)
- Useful for batch scanning photos, with writing on the back of some
- Useful for scanning two-sided pages to separate files
- If 'Input | Blank page removal' is set, a blank side isn't saved
- Useful if only some photos or pages have writing on the back
- When scanning photos, set 'Input | Media size' to photo size or larger
- Also set 'Crop | Crop size' to photo size
OS X 10.6 or later, 64-bit processor