VMware Fusion allows you to create a Virtual Machine on your Mac and run Windows (including Windows 8.1) and Windows software on your Mac.
Run your favorite Windows applications alongside Mac applications without rebooting. Whether you would like to run Windows XP, Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 on a Mac, the VMware Fusion easy install feature will get you up and running in no time. With the ability to run Windows-only applications like Microsoft Project, Access and Internet Explorer, VMware Fusion turns your Mac into the ultimate computer for compatibility.
Version 6 is optimized for the latest Macs and ready for OS X Mavericks and Windows 8.1 to deliver the ultimate Windows on Mac experience.
The new VMware Fusion 6.0 Professional version adds the following:
- Create restricted virtual machines
- Create expiring virtual machines
- Create linked clones
- Single VM mode for managed environments
- VMware Player 6 Plus included
- Network editor
- Eligible for VMware Basic and Production support
Note: VMware Fusion 6.0.1 is a minor upgrade recommended for all users of VMware Fusion. This release includes the following improvements and resolved issues.
- Addressed an issue that caused VMware Fusion 6 to crash when opening
- Improved support for Boot Camp on 2013 Macs
- Improved detection of Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 media
- Resolved an incompatibility with certain USB audio devices
- Resolved an issue where Cubase could cause virtual machines to not power on
- Addressed a graphics issue when switching between spaces in single window mode
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.7.5 or later
- 2GB RAM (4GB recommended)
- A copy of Windows (if you'll be installing Windows)