VLC Media Player is a highly portable multimedia player for various audio and video formats (MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, mp3, ogg, …) as well as DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. It can also be used as a server to stream in unicast or multicast in IPv4 or IPv6 on a high-bandwidth network.
- With faster decoding on multi-core, GPU, and mobile hardware and the ability to open more formats, notably professional, HD and 10bits codecs, 2.0 is a major upgrade for VLC.
- New rendering pipeline for video, with higher quality subtitles, and new video filters to enhance your videos.
- It supports many new devices and BluRay Discs (experimental).
- Completely reworked Mac and Web interfaces and improvements in the other interfaces make VLC easier than ever to use.
- Fixes several hundreds of bugs, in more than 7000 commits from 160 volunteers.
Intel, Mac OS X 10.6 or later, 64-bit Mac (Other versions available for older systems.)