VirtualBox is a family of powerful x86 virtualization products for enterprise as well as home use. Not only is VirtualBox an extremely feature rich, high performance product for enterprise customers, it is also the only professional solution that is freely available as Open Source Software under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL).
Presently, VirtualBox runs on Windows, Linux and Mac hosts and supports a large number of guest operating systems including but not limited to Windows (NT 4.0, 2000, XP, Server 2003, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10), DOS/Windows 3.x, Linux (2.4, 2.6, 3.x and 4.x), Solaris and OpenSolaris, OS/2, and OpenBSD.
VirtualBox is being actively developed with frequent releases and has an ever growing list of features, supported guest operating systems and platforms it runs on. VirtualBox is a community effort backed by a dedicated company: everyone is encouraged to contribute while innotek ensures the product always meets professional quality criteria.
- UI: Fixes for Log-Viewer search-backward icon
- Devices: Fixes and improvements for the BusLogic SCSI controller emulation
- Serial Port: Regression fixes in FIFO data handling
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure integration: Experimental new type of network attachment, allowing local VM to act as if it was run in cloud
- API: improved resource management in the guest control functionality
- VBoxManage: fixed command option parsing for the "snapshot edit" sub-command
- VBoxManage: Fix crash of 'VBoxManage internalcommands repairhd' when processing invalid input (bug #19579)
- Guest Additions, 3D: New experimental GLX graphics output
- Guest Additions, 3D: Fixed releasing texture objects, which could cause guest crashes
- Guest Additions: Fixed writes to a file on a shared folder not being reflected on the host when the file is mmap'ed and the used Linux kernel is between version 4.10.0 and 4.11.x
- Guest Additions: Fixed the shared folder driver on 32bit Windows 8 and newer returning an error when flushing writes to a file which is mapped into memory under rare circumstances
- Guest Additions: Improve resize coverage for VMSVGA graphics controller
- Guest Additions: Fix issues detecting guest additions ISO at runtime
- Guest Additions: Fixed German translation encoding for Windows GA installer
macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor