Unity Pro delivers a stable and scalable platform for creating captivating content. Content that is efficient to create, and that works on low as well as high-end hardware.
- Unity is the only Mac-based high-end game development tool sporting a stylish pro-app GUI, no-friction workflow and top-of-the-line technical features such as extensible graphics, great particle effects, highly optimized scripting, the Ageia physX Engine, skinned character animation and ragdolls, and making standalone games for Mac and Windows (and Dashboard Widgets and web-plugins).
- Unity is a 3D game editor which happens to contain one of the most advanced game engines out there. Packed with power it is built to meet the demands of next-generation game developers.
- Automatic asset importing, prefabs, and ultra fast edit-play-modify turnaround while you assemble and test your game helps maintain the creative flow. Asset production was never this fast before. The editor ties together all the powerful features of the engine in an intuitive way.
- Services: Standard Events (com.unity.standardevents) was merged into Analytics (com.unity.analytics).
- Services: Collab (com.unity.collab-proxy) added to the Verified set.
- Android: Added AppBundle generation support.
- Android: Added notch support for Android.
- Android: Added support for requesting permissions at runtime for apps using API level 23 and above.
- Android: Added support for using Kotlin source files as plugins.
- Android: Added the automatic installation and configuration of OpenJDK when installing Unity Android support. Configuration to use manually installed JDKs is no longer officially supported.
- Animation: Added SkinnedMeshRenderer.forceMatrixRecalculationPerRender. Set this property to manually render a skinned mesh multiple times within a single update. For example, for rendering out the results of an animation to a texture.
- Asset Import: Added support for importing R16 textures.
- Editor: Added ability to view each channel in the Texture Inspector.
OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor