Ulysses III is a brand-new writers’ environment from the Soulmen – the fine folks that brought you Daedalus Touch for iPad.
It’s built around a revolutionary engine, dubbed “plain text enhanced”, which combines the very best parts of minimal markup (i.e., Markdown, Textile) with the power, beauty and simplicity of OS X.
As a single-library app, Ulysses holds all your texts in just one window. No “Open”, no “Save”, no Finder safari. Full iCloud integration lets you access *everything* from all your Macs.
If you own Daedalus Touch (available on the App Store as a universal app for iPad and iPhone), Ulysses III can even sync your writings across all your devices. Start on the bus, continue at home, finish mid-flight. Export to RTF, PDF, TXT, or HTML.
Ulysses III is flexible, adaptive, and built to grow. Use it as a sophisticated notepad, create your next couple of novels, or continuously feed your blog. Keep everything neatly organized, or mess around at will.
Beefed-up, minimalistic three-pane interface
- Sources > Groups & Filters > Sheets > Editor
- Select across sources
- Select multiple groups & filters
- Edit multiple sheets as one
- Export and statistics from every part of the library
- Full keyboard navigation
- Simply beautiful
Most advanced text editor on the planet
- “Plain Text Enhanced”
- Links, Lists, Quotes & Footnotes
- Comments, Code, Keywords & Annotations
- Drag-and-drop of images and videos
- Preview of images and videos
- Text structure navigation
- Bookmarks & Favorites
- Multiple text statistics
- Functional markup cheat sheet
- Dark, light, pure, and paged writing modes
- Several hand-picked color schemes
- Export to PDF, Word, RTF, TXT, Markdown, and HTML
- Copy as PDF, HTML, RTF, and Plain Text
- Paste from HTML, Markdown, and RTF
- Inspiring typography
- Full iCloud Sync
- Full Screen
- Spelling and Grammar
- Text Substitutions
- Spotlight Search
- Enhanced for Retina
- A true fit
- Import and edit text files from anywhere on disk
- Share files via Dropbox
- Preview in Marked.app
- Support for umlauts (ä, ü, ö)
- Apostrophes and dashes
- Auto-Capitalization when holding the Shift key
- Line breaks and spaces
- Left-to-right writing direction
- Simple launch via double-click
- Added split & merge for sheets.
- Added goals to sheets and groups.
- Added keyword editing to sheet list.
- Added options to show goal, modification date and keywords in sheet list.
- Sheets can now be sorted by date and first character(s).
- Number of preview lines in sheet column is now adjustable.
- Added sharing of styles and themes on Ulysses Style Exchange.
- Color palettes can now be created and edited within Ulysses.
- Reworked theme section of preferences.
- Added a Quick Open option for opening from the currently selected group.
- Keywords can now be added to sheets in External Sources as Mavericks tags.
- Dark sidebars can now be enabled independently of Pure Mode.
- Line highlight can now be enabled independently of Typewriter Scrolling.
- Added average words/sentence and sheet count to Statistics HUD.
- Added preview to export styles.
- Added options for disallowing orphans and widows in Ulysses Style Sheets.
- Improved print settings.
- Improved error handling for file operations.
- Allow dragging of doc/docx files directly into Ulysses.
- Fixed problem when changing case of file names in external sources.
- Fixed a crash when resuming editing of a style item.
- Fixed crash when deleting multi-stage input text in inline tags.
- Improved editor stability.
OS X 10.7.3 or later, 64-bit processor