Ulysses lets you focus when you need to concentrate. It keeps all your texts neatly stuffed in its intuitive library. With a few clicks, Ulysses can create beautiful documents from your manuscripts: PDFs, web pages, even iBooks-ready ePubs. With its simple, clutter-free interface, it will turn work hours into fun time. And mere thoughts into powerful stories. If you love to write, and write a lot, Ulysses is made for you.
Note: Ulysses now requires OS X 10.10 Yosemite or later
- New name: Ulysses for Mac is now called just that. No more Roman numerals.
- Seamless sync with Ulysses for iPad: That’s right. Ulysses is now also available on iPad. It’s the full monty. And it syncs via iCloud.
- Updated interface: Redesigned almost every aspect based on Yosemite’s fresh new look. Cleaned house in the process.
- Attachment bar: Attachments now have their proper place. Again.
- New home for favs: Favorites have moved to the sidebar. Where they belonged in the first place.
- Status indicators: Sheets show up- and download status, favorite status, attachment status. It’s complicated.
- Dark Mode to the fullest: Why should sidebars have all the fun? We give 5 shades of grey to every element (and it’s beautiful)!
- Completely revamped Quick Export and Preview: Now with TXT and ePub preview, better handling and simply the best Ulysses export ever.
- Almost 200 group and filter icons: You wanted more, we give you more.
- Speaking of icons: A new icon! Out with the old, in with the new! The caterpillar evolved into a beautiful butterfly. Hope you like it. Thanks, Jono!
- Handoff support: Start on one device, finish on another. In theory *and* in practice.
- Open Files: You can now drag and drop single text/markdown files onto Ulysses’ (new, shiny) icon and edit these files in place. Just like that.
- Tons of bugfixes. One off the most prominent being spell chek, which no longer automtigically disables itselv.
- Everything should be way snappier than before.
OS X 10.10.0 or later, 64-bit processor