TwistedWave is a very easy to use and powerful audio editor.
- It supports Audio Unit plug-ins and many file formats, including wav, aiff, caf, mp3, mp4, FLAC, Ogg/Vorbis and ambisonic sound files.
- Good multichannel support. TwistedWave lets you easily add, remove or reorder channels. You can also apply Audio Units to multichannel files, or to a selection of channels.
- Unlimited undo and redo which works instantly.
- Zooming in and out of the waveform is very fast. Option-click and drag the mouse to zoom very accurately, while the waveform is being refreshed more than 100 times per second, even when the files are several hours long, or when the file has not finished loading, or when an effect is being applied.
- When TwistedWave is busy loading a large file, or applying a complex effect, all the work happens in the background, and you can continue working with your document, applying new effects. With TwistedWave, you never have to wait for the end of a long computation.
- Working at a resolution up to 24-bit and 192 kHz sampling rate, TwistedWave enables you to work at a professional quality.
Fixes and improvements
- TwistedWave can now read Ogg/Opus audio files
- Some AIFF files would fail to load
- Some Wavpack files would not open in TwistedWave
- The markers from some WAV files would fail to load
- TwistedWave would record silence if it does not have the authorization to use the microphone on macOS Mojave
- Customizing the toolbar could crash on macOS Mojave
OS X 10.6 or later