Trickster (was Blast) is a productivity booster application that places all recently used files at user’s fingertips, providing him with a fast and easy access to them.
Trickster keeps track of all the files the user has been recently using on his Mac. With Trickster, all these documents are just one click away. The user can access the file list anytime by clicking on the application icon in the menu bar, and perform multiple actions on the files: open, preview, move and more.
- Integration with the application Hook - Hook is a Mac application by CogSci Apps which also helps with fast access to resources on the Mac or on the web enabling you to quickly link and access resources. If you have Hook installed and running, Trickster will show an additional button on the right edge of the row for files that already have Hook links. This helps with knowing when to invoke and not invoke Hook - thereâ€™s no need to remember or guess if a file or a folder on your Mac has hooks. If there are, the button will appear to indicate that. Clicking on that button will invoke Hook on the corresponding file, saving you a trip to the keyboard to hit Hookâ€™s hotkey
- So, now you can use Trickster with Hook to access relevant files linked to recently modified ones
- Added a Preference, which selects showing Tricksterâ€™s window at current mouse location, if the window is not attached to the menubar icon and Trickster is invoked using the keyboard. Can be very handy for even faster access to files in Trickster. Trickster will position the window such that the mouse is over the topmost visible item, allowing for immediate dragging of it out of Trickster (for example, to drop into an email)
- Made it so that the popup menu called from the keyboard shows Services menu. As a consequence, the menu open not at the gear button but at the current mouse location
- Hiding Tricksterâ€™s window when dragging files out to the left of it
macOS 10.14 or later, 64-bit processor