Trickster (was Blast) is a productivity booster application that places all recently used files at the user’s fingertips, providing fast and easy access to them.
Trickster keeps track of all of the recently used files on your Mac. With Trickster, all of these documents are just one click away. Files are accessible at anytime by clicking on the application icon in the menu bar, making it easier than ever to perform common functions like: open, preview, move, and many others.
Note: Trickster now requires OS X 10.8 or later! Do not update if you're on OS X 10.7. Major Changes:
- Sandboxing. Trickster is now totally sandboxed, including the direct version.
- What you need to know:
- Launching this version should migrate your database into the container.
- The application should ask you to re-add all the folders that you watch. It should show a dialog which lists all these folders that you had there in the list to help you add them again. This should only happen once.
- Trickster now requires 10.8. Sandboxing on 10.7 is not good enough for Trickster.
- Tags support in Mavericks. It's now possible to create filters based on tags. The filter editor now has a sixth button on the bottom to access the tags filtering. The filter will accept files whose filters contain any of the strings that you enter there.
- This means that a filter that has two tag entries -- "Work" and "Ball" -- will match files that have tags such as "Workout", "Football", "homework" or "Job". Just kidding about "Job."
- If current view doesn't contain any files (search or filter), it'll show a message inside the list area, instead of showing an empty area
- Trickster will ask for permissions to access the address book when you click on "subscribe to newsletter"
- Trickster will show a popover on first launch to explain where to find the File Tracker Settings
- Fix the display of compact mode on 10.9 (the path wasn't hidden and garbled the display)
- Energy efficiency should be improved when there are no files to add/remove/update in the list
Intel, OS X 10.7 or later