TotalSpaces is a desktop manager that brings back grid Spaces to OSX and more!
- Define your grid – and navigate left, right, up and down between your desktops
- Choose your transitions – Cube, slide and other effects, or turn them off altogether to really speed up your mac
- Manage your desktops and windows from the Overview Grid – a birds-eye view of your grid
- Hotkeys, hot-corners, circulation options and more
- There is now an option to have an animated zoom in and out of the overview grid if you are using OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion.
- Hold SHIFT down whilst hovering above a window in the overview grid to see a zoomed version of that window - handy to see which window is which.
- Space names are now shown in the overview grid.
- Added a hotcorner setting for activating the overview grid with exposé.
- Rather than having a fixed setting, TotalSpaces now allows you to choose whether to drop a window in a new screen position or to keep it's original position by using the ALT(Option) key when dragging windows between desktops in the overview grid.
- And if you don't like the way it works, there's a new command line setting to change the change the default action when dragging windows in the grid: defaults write com.binaryage.TotalSpaces placeWindowsAsDroppedByDefault NO
- New setting to automatically check for updates in general preferences.
- There is no longer a space-to-space transition when you leave the overview grid.
- The space transitions now always match the direction you commanded even when circulating.
- The hotcorner settings now apply to all corners in a multi screen setup, not just the furthest left or right ones.
- Clicking on a dock folder tile to close a previously opened stack or grid no longer results in it immediately re-opening.
- New growl notification when you attempt to change desktop but are at the edge and cannot do so in the requested direction.
- The icon size for full screen apps in the overview grid is now limited to stop them being too big when small grids are used.
- You can now assign the letter A with a modifier key as a hotkey if you wish.
- TotalSpaces now supports access via an API. If you are a developer, you may be interested in this. Read more on github.
- TotalSpaces no longer forces use of the discrete graphics on mid 2010 MacBook Pros running OSX 10.8.3.
- TotalSpaces no longer allows triggering the overview grid from a hotcorner when a full screen game such as Starcraft is active.
- German, Turkish, Swedish, Czech translations. New translations, and fixes/corrections welcome - see here.
- Additional changes in 1.2.2 (vs 1.2.0):
- Zoom and space transitions now work properly when MSWord is present on more than one space.
- Apps preferences now work correctly when there are multiple spaces with the same name.
Intel, 64-bit processor
OS X 10.7 or later