TotalFinder is a universally acclaimed navigational companion for your Mac. Enhance your Mac’s Finder with features so smart and convenient, you won’t believe you ever lived without them.
Say goodbye to scattered, disorganized Finder windows. TotalFinder merges everything into a workflow-friendly, tab-based layout.
With TotalFinder, convenience is key: With the stroke of a hot-key, it’s available instantly, system-wide.
TotalFinder’s Folders on Top feature takes file organization to a new level. Just click the option in the Preferences menu and your much-needed folders will automatically be prioritized in every window.
OS X’s Finder has a bad habit of cluttering your system with hidden attribute files. TotalFinder emphasizes cleanliness, eliminating superfluous files and freeing up valuable storage space.
Version 1.5.22: Improved:
- Added missing files for Hungarian and Croatian localizations.
- Switching to full screen streches window to whole screen.
- Full screen menu item (CTRL+CMD+F) works reliably.
- Sometimes background color of windows could stay wrong.
- Prevented ghost Finder window when clicking Finder's Dock icon (if you still experience ghost windows without frame, please report).
- Clicking "Add Tab" button on window without focus could operate on different browser window.
- Colourful sidebar shows all icons in colours.
- Fixed broken tags and other issues in newly created Finder windows.
- Sorting of file groups works under Chinese localization.
- Doing rename in the left-side panel of dual view could lock focus to the right side.
- Fixed double-clicking tabs when having enabled "Double click a window's title bar to minimize" in the Dock prefs.
- Fixed a rare (but dangerous) situation when highlighted tab selection did not match folder view displayed by Finder.
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.7 or later