TotalFinder adds tabs, hotkeys, and other tweaks to the Mac OS X Finder in OS X 10.7 and 10.8.
- Tabs like in Google Chrome!
- Add a dual-panel mode (like in good old Norton Commander)
- Make Finder available system-wide on a hot-key
- Stop creating .DS_Store litter
- Show the folders always on top
- Add a better keyboard shortcuts (for keyboard-oriented freaks like me)
- Enable a cooperation mode with Terminal.app (for command-line lovers)
- Add user friendly MacFUSE support
- And what about better git/svn/hg integration?
- NEW - New preferences system (gives us more flexibility in exposing feature tweaks).
- NEW - Added a feature to enable a progress bar over the Dock icon when copying files (requested here).
- NEW - Added a feature to enable colored sidebar icons (based on Colorful Sidebar SIMBL).
- NEW - Finally added "Open new tabs with previous location" preferences tweak.
- FIXED - Fixed redrawing issues when entering and leaving TimeMachine.
- FIXED - Fixed weird crashes when evaluating keyboard shortcuts while system is switched to some exotic keyboard layout.
- FIXED - Fixed a problem when activating pinned Visor.
- FIXED - Visor might steal ESC system-wide at some circumstances. Now ESC is properly scoped to active Visor window.
- FIXED - On some systems TotalFinder might fail during system startup with "Connection invalid -609" error.
- IMPROVED - Shortcut recording now uses MASShortcut component by Vadim Shpakovski.
- IMPROVED - General improvements in stability.
Intel, OS X 10.7 or later