TotalFinder adds tabs, hotkeys, and other tweaks to the Mac OS X Finder in OS X 10.7 and 10.8.
- Tabs like in Google Chrome!
- Add a dual-panel mode (like in good old Norton Commander)
- Make Finder available system-wide on a hot-key Visor
- Stop creating .DS_Store litter
- Show the folders always on top
- Add a better keyboard shortcuts (for keyboard-oriented freaks like me)
- Enable a cooperation mode with Terminal.app (for command-line lovers)
- Add user friendly MacFUSE support
- And what about better git/svn/hg integration?
Version 1.4.8: New:
- Compatibility with Finder 10.8.2 (which is included in OS X update 10.8.3)
- Implemented "Reopen Closed Tab" (idea).
- It is now possible to copy UNC-style paths from Copy Path submenu.
- Fixed broken paste command in context menus (issue).
- Fixed redrawing issues under high CPU load (issue).
- Focus Visor when clicked the Dock icon while having opened unfocused pinned Visor (issue).
- Double-clicking Finder's toolbar miniaturizes whole window.
- Cut/Copy/Paste buttons appear in context menus also when clicking into Finder's background.
- Visor window is correctly repositioned after connecting or disconnecting external display.
- Clicking Finder icon in the Dock brings back miniaturized window (issue).
- CMD+W does not close whole window in case there is only one tab in dual mode.
- Escape key could stop working when closed last tab in Visor window.
- Improved Visor sliding. Fading and sliding should be smoother. Removed random flickering in multi-display setups (issue).
- Improved window dragging via Finder's toolbar or statusbar.
- Added TotalFinder menu into Finder main menu item (for people who remove TotalFinder's menubar icon).
Intel, OS X 10.7 or later