TotalFinder adds tabs, hotkeys, and other tweaks to the Mac OS X Finder in 10.6 Snow Leopard or 10.7 Lion.
- Tabs like in Google Chrome! (read more)
- Add a dual-panel mode (like in good old Norton Commander)
- Make Finder available system-wide on a hot-key (like Visor)
- Stop creating .DS_Store litter (read more)
- Show the folders always on top (read more)
- Add a better keyboard shortcuts (for keyboard-oriented freaks like me)
- Enable a cooperation mode with Terminal.app (for command-line lovers)
- Add user friendly MacFUSE support
- And what about better git/svn/hg integration?
- Fixed compatibility with Finder 10.8 under OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion (GM).
- TotalFinder binaries are signed to make Gatekeeper happy.
- Compatibility with Finder 10.7.5 (OS X update 10.7.5).
- Removed support for Finder 10.6 under OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard.
- Fixed uploading of crash reports via CrashWatcher.
- Improved stability and performance. I did big refactoring and code cleanup. Broken all features into separate TotalFinder “plugins”.
- Better performance of Visor sliding.
- Resolved some additional situations causing “ghost” windows.
- Slightly improved visual style of tab rendering. A few retina tweaks copied over from Google’s Chrome sources. Waiting for my retina MBP to really test it.
- Paths in tabs are truncated from the left (again).