Tinderbox is a personal content management assistant. It stores your notes, ideas, and plans. It can help you organize and understand them. And Tinderbox helps you share ideas through Web journals and Web logs.
Tinderbox’s agents automatically scan your notes, looking for patterns and building relationships. Agents help discover relationships and help make sure important things don’t get lost. Agents are easy to make and easy to modify. They’re flexible and powerful.
Tinderbox can even gather and update changing information and breaking news from the internet.
When it’s time to share your notes, Tinderbox can assemble multiple notes into one page. Updates are a breeze — even if you update several times a day. Private notes, timestamps, permanent links, archives: everything you want, just the way you want it.
- Pie charts have been improved in a variety of ways. (1353)
- Labels are now drawn atop pie chart segments; previously, some segments could be drawn atop labels from other segments.
- The colors for each segment of the pie chart are taken from the attribute $PlotColorList. The first color designates the color of the first segment, and remaining colors in the list are used in rotation until all segments have been drawn. If the list contains fewer than two colors, "black;white" are used inside.
- If the container is sufficiently wide, a legend is drawn to the right of the pie chart. Otherwise, pie segments are labeled in the pie chart.
- If $Direction is false, the first segment begins at the top of the pie and subsequent segments are added clockwise -- as is customary in geography. If $Direction is false, the first segment begins as the right edge of the circle and segments are added counter-clockwise, as customary in mathematics.
- Pie segments are now separated by a dark gray line.
- If a container or agent has a pie chart, then the alias of that container or agent will also display the same pie chart, if space allows.
- In-place editing (outline): clicking in the edit field incorrectly closes the edit session. This was a byproduct of fixing issue 1370; we now address that issue differently. (1414)
- When formatting numbers format("$") and .format("$") apply conventional formatting for your local currency -- for example, "$1,063.52"
- When formatting numbers format("$0") and .format("$0") apply conventional formatting for your local currency, rounding to the nearest currency unit -- for example, "$1064" .
- Equality comparison == and != now work with Color attributes. Colors are equal if they designate the same color ��" for example, the colors "#FF0000" and "bright red" are equal in the default color scheme. (1408)
- Equality comparison == and != now work with URL attributes. Note that URL comparisons are currently case-sensitive, even in the host: http://Eastgate.com/ is not equal to http://eastgate.com/ . This may change in the future. (1409)
- Fixed an auto layout error in the text pane's title field, which could grow unreasonably if a note's title contains many paragraphs.
- Moved the "smart quotes" checkbox in Document Settings: Text to the correct location.
- The Rule and Edict panes of the inspector now indicate whether the rule or edict is inherited, or immediate. (1358)
- When importing large spreadsheet tables, we no longer set the text of the import container to contain the full table, as this can take a long time without much benefit. (1217)
- Corrected a crash when switching to a new space (?or perhaps awaking from sleep) while the Get Info popover is displayed, because on returning to view Tinderbox tries to refer to the no-longer-extant model for the Get Info category list.
- Added some precautions to guard against Tinderbox agent updates attempting to proceed after the document has been closed.
- Shortened the timeout on Simplenote authorization requests from 30 to 15sec.
- In outline view, Note ▸ Create Note created new notes at the top level of the view, even if the selected note was more deeply nested. Note ▸ Create Child Note has also been corrected.
- Console messages were displayed after undoing note creation in outline view, warning that Tinderbox could not create a LayoutInfo. We no longer ask it to create the LayoutInfo for the now-hidden note. (1411)
- $HTMLExportPath had incorrect values for notes not at the top level. (1412)
- After dismissing the find bar, Tinderbox returns the focus to the currently selected note. (1404)
- Searching in the view pane's Find bar now temporarily highlights text in the text pane. Highly experimental. (1406 in part)
- Fixed a crash when trying to import text files encoded with UTF16 rather than UTF8. (1416)
- CeresReader could sometimes leave notes read from a document marked as "newlyCreated", and this could sometimes lead Tinderbox to unexpected behaviors such as spontaneously opening Get Info when switching tabs, if the selection in the destination tab happened to be an agent.
OS X 10.8 or later