Things is a task management solution that helps to organize your tasks in an elegant and intuitive way. Things combines powerful features with simplicity through the use of tags and its intelligent filter bar. A Leopard style source list allows for quick and easy focusing. Together with a beautiful user interface, Things aims at the seemingly impossible: making task management both easy and fun.
Our screencast is a great introduction. Learn from our users why Things is different by visiting either on i use thisor Newsvine.
- The big picture. A Leopard-style source list lets you easily focus without ever switching view modes or wrapping your head around filter criteria.
- A magical tag bar automatically appears when needed and adapts to the currently displayed list. It lets you drill down even the longest list of To-Dos. Hierarchical tags? We got you covered!
- Teamwork. Things offers convenient collaboration features. Easily delegate tasks to members of your team. (This is work in progress.)
- No columns! Whether it’s multiple tags, dates or notes, To-Do items display their information on an as needed basis. No more space wasted by empty or irrelevant column cells!
- Out of your head, out of your way. A quick entry HUD lets you enter any idea the moment it hits you. Never let the thought of an unfinished business distract you again.
- Yours forever. We won’t lock you in. Things will use an open XML file format to store your data. (Not yet activated.)
- Things even supports GTD, so if you’re familiar and comfortable with GTD concepts, you’ll feel right at home.
- Someday items from active projects are now expanded by default and the expansion state is now preserved
- Implemented a workaround for a font rendering issue that affected some users on macOS Mojave
- Improved the validation of email addresses when creating new Things Cloud accounts
- Improved how we restore the selection state after acting on multiple list items
- Improved Dark Mode visibility of the plus button for adding days on weekly/monthly repeating to-dos
- Updated localizations for the Autofill setting in the Quick Entry preferences pane
- Restored filtering by parent tags via keyboard shortcuts
- Fixed a selection issue in the tag filter bar when filtering by child tags via keyboard shortcuts
- Fixed an issue where an incorrect deadline date could be included when copying a repeating to-do as text
- Fixed an issue where hyperlinks could "disappear" when switching between Light and Dark modes
- Fixed a crash that could occur when deleting an area
- Fixed various memory issues
OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor