Things is task management solution that helps to organize your tasks in an elegant and intuitive way. Things combines powerful features with simplicity through the use of tags and its intelligent filter bar. A Leopard style source list allows for quick and easy focusing. Together with a beautiful user interface, Things aims at the seemingly impossible: making task management both easy and fun.
- The big picture. A Leopard style source list lets you easily focus without ever switching view modes or wrapping your head around filter criteria.
- A magical tag bar automatically appears when needed and adapts to the currently displayed list. It lets you drill down even the longest list of To-Dos. Hierarchical tags? We got you covered!
- Teamwork. Things offers convenient collaboration features. Easily delegate tasks to members of your team. (This is work in progress.)
- No columns! Whether it’s multiple tags, dates or notes, To-Do items display their information on an as needed basis. No more space wasted by empty or irrelevant column cells!
- Out of your head, out of your way. A quick entry HUD lets you enter any idea the moment it hits you. Never let the thought of an unfinished business distract you again.
- Yours forever. We won’t lock you in. Things will use an open XML file format to store your data. (Not yet activated.)
- Things even supports GTD, so if you’re familiar and comfortable with GTD concepts, you’ll feel right at home.
Version 2.0:Things 2 is a free update for all existing customers.
- Introducing Things Cloud. Your to-dos on all your devices. Never worry about syncing again. Things Cloud stores your to-dos and automatically keeps them updated on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch (iOS apps sold separately). Simply turn on Things Cloud in Preferences.
- The all-new Daily Review helps you stay on top of your day. All to-dos that need your attention are presented to you on top of your Today list, such as to-dos that are due or scheduled for today. Easily review them and make a decision. Pick the ones to start today and postpone the rest until later.
And much more:
- Compatibility for OS X Mountain Lion.
- A re-engineered core for a blazingly fast Things Cloud performance.
- Retina graphics for the new MacBook Pro.
- Full-Screen mode.
- Reduced window chrome and monochrome toolbar buttons.
- Visual refinements for the Tags & Quick Entry windows.
- Redesigned Reminders integration to make import & export simpler.
- The app is now Sandboxed for OS X security.
- Many other improvements.
- Things Cloud replaces the old Bonjour WiFi Sync.
- This update requires OS X 10.6.6 or later.