Textual is a lightweight IRC client created specifically for OS X. It was designed with simplicity in mind. Textual has taken the best of IRC and built it into a single client. Its easy-to-use functionality combined with scripting support makes it an ideal IRC client for novice to advanced users.
- Added an advanced rule-based filter system which can be used to ignore specific content or automatically perform one or more commands (including external scripts) based on the contents of a message. See the Introduction to the Chat Filter Addon knowledge base article for more information.
- Textual no longer stops trying to reconnect after one hundred (100) tries.
- Textual will now warn you about sending a very large message which may result in a ban due to flooding.
- Improved performance of user list when a channel contains several thousand users.
- Transparency of the main window of Textual which can be configured through the Interface section of Preferences is now disabled when the main window is fullscreen.
- When configured to connect through a proxy, Textual no longer performs local DNS lookup unless its configured to connect to a SOCKS 4 proxy. Other proxy types are capable of performing lookup on the proxy's end.
- Fixed HTTP proxy support not working correctly
OS X 10.8.3 or later