Textual is a lightweight IRC client created specifically for OS X. It was designed with simplicity in mind. Textual has taken the best of IRC and built it into a single client. Its easy-to-use functionality combined with scripting support makes it an ideal IRC client for novice to advanced users.
- Added anonymous HTTP proxy support which can handle secured connections transparently.
- The default proxy type for all connections has changed to "Automatic" which means that Textual will use the SOCKS proxy configured in System Preferences when enabled. This change was made to reflect the behavior of other applications such as Safari which automatically use the system-wide proxy as-well.
- HTTP, SOCKS4, and SOCKS5 proxies now support client-side certificate authentication and certificate validation.
Version 5.1.4 also includes:
- Improved accuracy and consistency of the model list used by the sysinfo command.
- Automatic Off-the-Record Messaging (OTR) is no longer enabled by default.
OS X 10.8.3 or later