TextExpander saves your fingers and your keyboard, expanding custom keyboard shortcuts into frequently-used text and pictures. Type more with less effort!
Here are a few examples for what you can do with TextExpander:
- Insert standard greetings, phrases, boilerplate paragraphs, and signatures – including formatted text and pictures.
- Correct typos automatically
- Organize snippets into groups
- Add predefined snippet groups, including HTML, CSS, Autocorrect, Accented Words, and Symbols groups.
- Shorten long URLs automatically with the Internet Productivity snippet group
- Insert the current date and time in any format you prefer.
- Sync snippets via MobileMe
TextExpander is controlled from its own preference pane inside your System Preferences. Designed for easy handling, TextExpander blends in perfectly with your operating system.
Note: Now requires OS X 10.10 or later.
- Suggests snippets from phrases you habitually type
- Reminds you of missed opportunities to use your abbreviations
- Customize snippet file location
- Sync via iCloud Drive or any sync folder
- Simplify expansion of lengthy fill-ins and scripts by setting single-line and popup fields to "Show at top" of expanding window
- Search and expand snippets, abbreviations, and suggestions inline as you type
- Preview expanded snippet
- Refreshed statistics display, including new "Top snippets used in last month"
- Updated for OS X 10.10 Yosemite (required)
OS X 10.10 or later