TextExpander saves your fingers and your keyboard, expanding custom keyboard shortcuts into frequently-used text and pictures. Type more with less effort!
Here are a few examples for what you can do with TextExpander:
- Insert standard greetings, phrases, boilerplate paragraphs, and signatures – including formatted text and pictures.
- Correct typos automatically
- Organize snippets into groups
- Add predefined snippet groups, including HTML, CSS, Autocorrect, Accented Words, and Symbols groups.
- Shorten long URLs automatically with the Internet Productivity snippet group
- Insert the current date and time in any format you prefer.
- Sync snippets via MobileMe
TextExpander is controlled from its own preference pane inside your System Preferences. Designed for easy handling, TextExpander blends in perfectly with your operating system.
- Resolves excessive CPU use which occurred on some systems after several expansions
- Resolves a timing issue (race condition) in 4.2 which can cause crashes upon expansion on certain systems
- Pre-fills URL field if Add Group from URL is selected with a URL on the pasteboard
- Adds prompting to increase 5 second script snippet timeout on OS X 10.8 or later
- Allows setting script snippet timeout via AppleScript
- Offers to change Shell Script snippets lacking task specifier (#!) to Plain Text on 10.8+
- Fixes crash that could occur if snippet content computation exceeded five second limit
- Fixes automatic sentence capitalization that did not occur after pressing Return to move from a single-line text field to a multi-line text area
- Requires only the first word of snippet content to be lowercase for Adapt to Case of Abbreviation 
- Allows one non-letter character at the beginning of the abbreviation to still work with Adapt to Case of Abbreviation 
- Restores date macro evaluation to snippets embedded within script snippets 
- Fixes problem where @ symbol after a % was incorrectly interpreted as a date/time adjustment macro 
Intel, 64-bit processor
OS X 10.7 or later