Sync Checker is a diagnostic application which can check if two folders or disks are perfectly synchronized, i.e. if they have exactly the same contents. When creating backup copies of valuable files, or when making sure that two computers or mobile devices work on the same set of data, the status of being “in perfect sync” can be very important. In order to be safe and to prevent loss of data, you can let Sync Checker verify whether a pair of file collections are matching exactly or not.
Note: Now requires OS X 10.12 or later.
- macOS 10.12 Sierra is the minimum operating system version required for this release.
- The user interface to show details of POSIX and ACL permission mismatches was modified to fully support modern operating systems.
- Added new feature to allow administrative users to authorize privileged operations via Touch ID.
- Added new technology to avoid a defect of macOS where the application lost keyboard focus when a password needed to be entered for a privileged operation if multi-tier privilege separation was in use.
- Added new technology to avoid a defect of macOS where the user interface is no longer localized correctly when a password needs to be entered for a privileged operation if multi-tier privilege separation is used.
- Added new technology to avoid a design flaw of macOS where no appropriate application icon can be shown when a password needs to be entered for a privileged operation if multi-tier privilege separation is used.
- Added new technology to avoid a defect of macOS where the layout of authentication panels was incorrect, leading to clipped messages in user dialogs to authorize privileged operations.
- Added new technology to avoid a defect of macOS where the operating system asks for permission to add a helper application when it actually removes a helper application.
- Features to customize the authorization policy for privileged operations via the security database of the operating system had to be removed.
- Added new feature to indicate the currently selected mismatch filter in the head section of a sync-check text report.
- The paragraph to present the selected mismatch search options in the head section of a sync-check text report was corrected and redesigned to avoid possible misunderstandings and inaccuracies.
- Fixed a problem where a mismatch in compression settings at file system level was not indicated correctly in the report window.
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor