SuperDuper! is an advanced, yet easy to use disk copying program. It can, of course, make a straight copy, or “clone” — useful when you want to move all your data from one machine to another, or do a simple backup. In moments, you can completely duplicate your boot drive to another drive, partition, or image file.
Clones for safety. To ensure you can safely roll back a system after the unexpected occurs. With a few clicks, you can easily “checkpoint” your system, preserving your computer’s critical applications and files while you run on a working, bootable copy. If anything goes wrong, just reboot to the original. When you do, your current Documents, Music, Pictures — even iSync data — are available! You can get back to work immediately.
Clones for industry! SuperDuper has enough features to satisfy the advanced user, too. Its simple-but-powerful Copy Script feature allows complete control of exactly what files get copied, ignored, even aliased (“soft linked” for the Unix inclined) from one drive to another.
- Corrects a rare crash on launch
- Enhancements & Bug Fixes
- Allows multiple Scheduled Copies to run from the Scheduled Copies window with one click
- Much more reliable backup when the Mac is sleeping; be sure to set a wake event in the Energy Saver preference pane for the same time as the backup
- Works around 10.13.4 inability to prebind earlier OS versions (and improved behavior when trying to copy later versions. too)
- Scheduled Copy "progress spinners" no longer spin forever in some edge cases
- Works around a system "pipe" problem that caused some crashes
- Disables "spell checker" for the log window and improves its behavior when a copy is in progress
- Fixes a problem that could occur if a file was deleted while it was being copied
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor