Substance Painter is the reference 3D Painting app with never before seen features and workflow improvements to make the creation of textures for 3D assets easier than ever. It is acknowledged as the most innovative and user-friendly Texture Painter out there.
- Updated Dota 2 Template – The Dota 2 template has been updated to fit with the latest Source Engine 2 changes.
- Particle Brushes[/u] – Throw water, dirt or even fire at your object and watch the realistic weathering effects unfold in real time!
- Export to any engine – Export presets for Unity, Unreal Engine 4, Cryengine and Lumberyard as well as Arnold, VRay and many more are incliuded.
- Material Painting[/u] – Paint full materials at once, lay the groundwork for your textures or paint small details in seconds!
- Non Destructive Smudge and Clone tools – Get rid of seams on all the textures at once, or use the smudge to create stylized textures easily.
- Iray path tracing Renderer – Get profesional quality renders of your assets in a few seconds using NVidia’s Iray renderer right in the tool.
- Smart Material[/u] – Reuse your materials to texture super quickly!
- Smart Masks – Save mask presets to reuse on future projects.
- Physically Based Viewport[/u] – Preview your painting in a next-gen viewport for accurate material feedback.
- Fully Non-Destructive[/u] – Modify your UVs or topology at any time without ever losing your work.
- Substance Brushes[/u] – Use your Substances as brushes and unleash parametric painting!
- 2D Seamless Painting[/u] Paint in 2D across seams thanks to the unified 3D/2D pipeline. Massive time saver and unique feature in digital painting application!
- Multi-Material[/u] – Paint on the different texture sets of your mesh!
- Shelf[/u] – A dense preset library of materials, tools and effects that are tweakable, making the possibilities infinite.
- Add support for AMD Radeon Pro and AMD FirePro GPUs
- [Tool] Add support for stroke opacity
- [Tool] Add a modifier that allow to continue the last brush stroke
- [Iray] Update to support Pascal GPUs
- [Viewport] Add support for Color Profiles (LUT)
- [Substance] Integrate new framework (SD6 engine)
- [UI] Increase "recent file" size list in File menu
- [Import] Use category from substances to fill the prefix in the import dialog
- [Bakers] Allow to bake 8K textures
- [Bakers] Allow to bake non-square resolutions
- [Bakers] Improve memory consumption when baking heavy high-poly meshes
- [Shelf] Lock shelves (and projects) to forbid concurrent editing and avoid corruptions
- [Shelf] Read category and keywords from substances to use them for filtering
- [Shelf] Allow to exclude ressources from the result of a search query
- [Shelf] Improved thumbnails time computation
- [Shelf] Allow to embed presets in projects
- [Shelf] Allow to quickly collapse/expand the tree-view with SHIFT
- [Shelf] Allow to save thumbnails when assets are read only (local cache)
- [Shelf] New content : new filters (transform, mirror, tri-planar, etc.)
- [Shelf] New content : new LUTs profiles (classic and artistic, such as Film Noir, Vintage, etc.)
- [Shelf] New content : 10 new Font Substances to quickly generate custom texts
- [Shelf] New templates : Unity 5 and Unreal Engine 4
- [Shelf] Improved HSL filter to be more artist friendly
- [Shader] Add support for specular level channel in PBR shaders
- [Shader] Add support for Dithering in Alpha Test shader
- [Shader] Add support for parallax occlusion mapping in PBR shaders
- [Shader] Allow to define custom UI for shader parameters
- [MatLayering] Create new Mask channel for material layering workflow
- [Scripting] Allow to write metadata in a SP project
- [Scripting] Allow to export with a specific export preset
- [Scripting] Allow to retrieve shader parameters as a JSON
- [Scripting] Add support for WebSocket connections
- [Scripting] Add the possibility to load shader instances
- [Scripting] Add the possibility to create a new project
- [Scripting] Allow to retrieve the url of the mesh imported in a project
- [Scripting] Allow non square baking
- [Scripting] Report errors when setting data via scripting API
- [Substances] Add user-data tag to specify normal map format
OS X 10.10 or later.