Sublime Text is a sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose. You’ll love the slick user interface, extraordinary features and amazing performance.
Use Goto Anything to open files with only a few keystrokes, and instantly jump to symbols, lines or words.
Triggered with ⌘P, it is possible to:
- Type part of a file name to open it.
- Type @ to jump to symbols, # to search within the file, and : to go to a line number.
These shortcuts can be combined, so [email protected] may take you to a function read_file within a file text_parser.py. Similarly, tp:100 would take you to line 100 of the same file.
Make ten changes at the same time, not one change ten times. Multiple selections allow you to interactively change many lines at once, rename variables with ease, and manipulate files faster than ever.
Try pressing ⇧⌘L to split the selection into lines and ⌘D to select the next occurrence of the selected word. To make multiple selections with the mouse, take a look at the Column Selection documentation.
The Command Palette holds infrequently used functionality, like sorting, changing the syntax and changing the indentation settings. With just a few keystrokes, you can search for what you want, without ever having to navigate through the menus or remember obscure key bindings.
Show the Command Palette with ⌘⇧P.
Distraction Free Mode
When you need to focus, Distraction Free Mode is there to help you out. Distraction Free Mode is full screen, chrome free editing, with nothing but your text in the center of the screen. You can incrementally show elements of the UI, such as tabs and the find panel, as you need them.
You can enter Distraction Free Mode using the View/Enter Distraction Free Mode menu.
Get the most out of your wide screen monitor with split editing support. Edit files side by side, or edit two locations in the one file. You can edit with as many rows and columns as you wish.
Take advantage of multiple monitors by editing with multiple windows, and using multiple splits in each window.
Take a look at the View/Layout menu for split editing options. To open multiple views into the one file, use the File/New View into File menu item.
Instant Project Switch
Projects in Sublime Text capture the full contents of the workspace, including modified and unsaved files. You can switch between projects in a manner similar to Goto Anything, and the switch is instant, with no save prompts – all your modifications will be restored next time the project is opened.
Sublime Text has a powerful, Python based plugin API. Along with the API, it comes with a built in Python console to interactively experiment in real time.
Key Bindings, Menus, Snippets, Macros, Completions and more – just about everything in Sublime Text is customizable with simple JSON files. This system gives you flexibility as settings can be specified on a per-file type and per-project basis.
Sublime Text is available for OS X, Windows and Linux. One license is all you need to use Sublime Text on every computer you own, no matter what operating system it uses.
Sublime Text uses a custom UI toolkit, optimized for speed and beauty, while taking advantage of native functionality on each platform.
- Added Jump Back and Jump Forward commands, available from the Goto menu
- HTML: Improved completions and auto indent
- HTML: Tags are closed when
- Smarter word navigation
- File saves are atomic. This can be disabled with the atomic_save setting
- Find and Replace panels automatically resize when multi line strings are entered
- Faster loading of large, plain text files
- Improved console scrolling performance on high resolution displays
- Improved handling of files with extremely long lines
- Minimap view rectangle auto hides (controlled by the always_show_minimap_viewport setting)
- Indexing: Added detection of stuck workers
- Updated C# package
- Added invert_selection command
- CSS: Completions will not be offered when typing in selectors
- Fixed Reveal in Side Bar
- Fixed C++ syntax highlighting for nested class forward declarations
- Exec panel scrolls again
- OSX: Added support for line numbers sent via apple events
- Windows: ok_cancel_dialog uses new visual styles
- Linux: Using the correct version number for the deb files
- API: Added on_text_command() and on_window_command()
- API: Added load_resource(), load_binary_resource() and find_resources()
- API: Added encode_value() and decode_value()
- API: view.sel() supports negative indices
- API: Implemented settings.add_on_change() and settings.clear_on_change()
- API: view.add_regions() will accept package relative paths for the icon
- API: view.add_regions() can show underlines
- API: Added on_pre_close() callback
- API: view.window() will now work even if the view isn't frontmost
OS X (10.7 or later is required)