Redesigned from the ground up, SPlayer combines revolutionary functions with all-new lightweight design and incredible performance to let you enjoy your videos like never before. Embracing the value of tearing down the language boundaries and cultural divides to facilitate the communication all around the world, the brand new SPlayerbrings subtitle and translation into one place, so you can watch any video in your preferred language no matter who you are or where you are.
A fully functional media player able to play almost every kind of video files. The supported formats include mpg, mpeg, mpeg 2, vob, dat, mp4, m4v, ts, rm, rmvb, wmv, asf, mkv, avi, 3gp, 3g2, flv, mov, h264/x264, h265/x265/HEVC 1080p/720p HD video etc.
- The all-new SPlayer smashes the bonds of traditional thinkings and habits that shackle your mind, by using the most avant-garde and forward design, and infusing the element of efficiency and practicability, to dedicate ultimate immersive experience to you.
Powerful Media Player
- SPlayer includes a massive collection of optimized video decoders, so it can automatically recognize any video files such as H.265, MKV, MPG, AVI, WMV, VP8, VP9, VP10. etc.
Smart Translation System
- SPlayer has an in-built translation system that integrates real-time voice recognition and NLP (Natural Language Prosessing) technology to help you add caption and find subtitles online so you can enjoy videos in your preferred language.
Safer and More Private
- SPlayer is an open-source software, which means the code is publicly accessible, open to everyone’s audit and completely safe. Besides safety, SPlayer is designed from the ground up to protect your personal information. Your personal data belongs to you, not others.
- SPlayer is a cross-platform software, you can get seamless experience no matter your platform is Windows or macOS.
- Progress bar control by touchpad is now supported
- Added shortcuts (CMD+L / Ctrl+L) for rotating 90° clockwise
- Updated shortcuts for adjusting subtitle delay and volume
- Optimized loading speed of embedded subtitles
- Optimized database structure and storage logic
- Updated Smart Translation descriptions in the preference panel
- Moved or renamed files would be removed from the playlist
- Wrong season and episode information were shown on the playlist
- The application would be stuck and show NaN in the progress bar when playing some videos.
- Playback history and thumbnails were not logged correctly
- Videos in the playlist would not match any translation result
- The application would be stuck when loading translation results
- Rare crashes that could occur when playing certain format videos
- Multiple animation issues of the preferences panel
- Chinese characters cannot be displayed properly on the subtitle list
- Fixed multiple issues that are caused by database updates
- The windows would be in a wrong position after the rotation
- Fixed that progress bar displayed improperly after existing full-screen mode
- Fixed that volume bar displayed improperly when opening files from the playlist
- Local subtitles of the same name were not loaded correctly
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor