Spillo is a powerful, beautiful and amazingly fast Pinboard client. It lets you browse and organize your bookmarks in a stunning modern interface. It also makes creating a bookmark from anywhere on your Mac as convenient as possible.
- A beautiful interface: Spillo has a beautiful modern interface that feels just right at home on your Mac. It uses all the latest technologies that you would expect from a modern OS X application.
- Easily organize your bookmarks: Spillo allows you to create powerful collections by specifying a number of rules. Don’t limit yourself to Pinboard’s default organization and create collections that just match your needs.
- Create powerful searches: Spillo also allows you to create and save public searches based on a username and a number of tags. You can keep recurrent searches right in your sidebar.
- Share to a multitude of services: Spillo supports sharing your bookmaks to a multitude of services such as Instapaper, Pocket, Twitter and Facebook. Should you be annoyed by some services, you can easily disable them in the Preferences.
- Quickly create a bookmark from anywhere on your Mac:Spillo’s bookmark creation window can be brought up from anywhere on your Mac. Use the (optional) menu item or global shortcut to bring up. The URL field will also be pre-populated based on the content of your clipboard.
- Browser integration to make bookmarking simpler: Spillo comes with browser extensions that make bookmarking from any page trivial. The bookmark creation window will be pre-populated based on the content of the current page. They are available for Safari and Chrome.
- Spillo is super fast!: Spillo’s edge is its speed and responsiveness. Don’t wait on a slow network to process your data, it caches it and syncs whenever it’s more convenient.
- All the shortcuts you would expect: Spillo has a multitude of shortcuts that make browsing, organizing and editing your bookmarks so much quicker.
- AppleScript support: Spillo has full AppleScript support for browsing, creating and updating bookmarks so it’s easily extendable. Want to create an Alfred workflow to create a new bookmark in Spillo? You can do it with a couple of lines of AppleScript. Check this script that retrieves the current tab in Safari and presents the Spillo window to create a bookmark for that URL.
- Create your own Sharing Service plugins: Spillo has an open plugin architecture that lets you extend the built-in sharing capabilities by building your own Sharing Services. Building a plugin is really easy, just check out the small SDK on GitHub and start building!
- Use WKWebView on Yosemite and later, greatly improving speed and reliability. Note however that WKWebView doesn’t (yet) support custom context menus so if your workflow relies on these, feel free to revert to the legacy WebView in the advanced preferences
- Switch readability view to use Mercury now that the Readability web parser API is shutting down
- Select the next bookmark in the list after deleting one or several bookmarks
- Selecting multiple tags in the sidebar will display all bookmarks that contain any of these bookmarks rather than the ones containing them all
- Similarly, searching multiple tags will display all bookmarks that contain any of these bookmarks rather than the ones containing them all
- Disable Sierra tabs since they don’t make sense in Spillo and they were enabled by default
- Fix an issue where Spillo could omit the end of a bookmark title when syncing if it were containing some special character
OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor