Sparrow is a minimal e-mail application designed to keep things simple and efficient.
No gimmicks here… just your mail and nothing else.
Sparrow supports IMAP and POP:
You can use the following mail providers with Sparrow:
– Gmail (classic and Google apps)
– Any custom IMAP server
– Hotmail, MSN, Live …
Quickly flick through threaded conversations on your Mac like never before.
Responding to your mail as never been so simple. Click, write, and send in the same window.
See the profile picture of your friends and even ‘Add friends’ directly from Sparrow.
All your mail in one place.
Labels and Folders:
Create and edit labels and folders right from Sparrow. Easily keep a clean and tidy inbox.
Change fonts, add bulleted or numbered list. Sparrow makes it easy to customize your mail.
Simply press space to preview all your attachments.
Drag & drop images and documents straight into your mail.
With Dropbox & CloudApp, sending a mail with attachment has never been simpler. Drag, Drop and sync.
Stay up to date with your mail stream on selected accounts.
Sending mails from different addresses has never been this easy.
If you use Gmail, Sparrow supports Priority Inbox.
Hide message previews and the sidebar. See more mail at a glance.
View all your folders, labels, and mail accounts straight in the main view.
What’s New in Version 1.6
– POP support
– Esc on Quick Reply saves as draft
– Empty spam
– Unified inbox shows starred, sent, drafts, etc.
– Inbox zero message
– Composer: tab toggle now works for selecting the sending account
– Pull to refresh updates list of starred messages / unread messages / priority messages
– Shift-cmd-option-M toggles Extended Sidebar
– App startup time improvement
– Fixed avatar behavior (thanks to Ellis Hamburger)
– Improved charset decoding
– Remove flickering when message list is empty
– Fixed scrollers behavior in sidebar
– Random scroll in the list when switching folder
– Parsing issue with Asana mail
– Periodical log clean up
– Improved contacts synchronization from Gmail
– Draft icon aligment in conversation view
– Refresh folders list periodically
– Avoid marking conversations as read automatically when it was previously selected and mailbox is empty
– Handle additional international subject reply and forward prefix