SpamSieve is a robust spam filter for major email clients that uses powerful Bayesian spam filtering.
SpamSieve understands what your spam looks like in order to block it all, but also learns what your legitimate messages look like to avoid confusion. SpamSieve only marks spam in your email client so you never lose any mail.
- Made various changes to improve SpamSieve's filtering accuracy.
- Apple's server-side iCloud spam filter has recently become more aggressive. As a result, many people have been confused by the sudden increase in messages in the Junk mailbox (rather than SpamSieve's Spam mailbox). iCloud's spam filter cannot be turned off, but the Why does the "Junk" mailbox appear in Apple Mail? section of the manual and the new Consolidating Spam From Multiple Filters section explain some of the options for dealing with this.
- SpamSieve's launch agent process no longer runs when Apple Mail is not running, which should reduce overall memory use.
- Dates in the log are now shown in the local time zone.
- "Trained" entries in the log now include the sender's address.
- The Apple Mail plug-in installer now checks that file ownership is enabled on the volume containing your home folder. This is necessary for proper operation of SpamSieve's launch agent and, thus, launching and training from Apple Mail.
- When the trial period is over, the alert now has a Help button that opens the instructions for uninstalling.
- The Uninstall Apple Mail Plug-In... command is now available even after the trial period has ended.
- Improved the fonts in the About and Software Updatewindows.
- Added accessibility labels in the Software Update new Newswindows.
- OS X 10.6.8 or later
- Works with:
- Apple Mail
- Outlook 2011
- Outlook Express
- Eudora 5.2 or 6.x (Sponsored or Paid)