Built on a clean slate for OS X, Sound Forge Proprovides a contemporary application environment that’s perfect for recording, editing, processing, and rendering broadcast-quality audio master files. A fresh statement on audio editing software, Sound Forge Pro Mac includes a comprehensive suite of mastering, restoration, and repair tools for immediate results.
Finally on the Mac, an audio editing application designed exclusively for OS X with a workflow that can keep up with your creative flow. Configurable viewing panels allow you to toggle to any project view you need in seconds – see everything at once or toggle your view to see only the features you want, when you want. Easily navigate the entire interface and work quickly, even on laptops.
Assigning hardware, metering input signals, arming tracks, and recording high-resolution multichannel audio is a simple and fluid process in Sound Forge Pro Mac. Route your inputs, position the Record tool anywhere in the user interface, click Record, and bring pristine audio into your computer – up to 32 simultaneous channels at 64-bit/192 kHz resolution.
Signal and effects processing
Enjoy a full range of native processes including fade, flip, mute, normalize, and reverse. Process audio using repair tools from iZotope, and time/pitch modification algorithms from Zplane™. Easily access your plug-in collection for offline and nondestructive processing.
A one-stop audio mastering solution
Enjoy instant access to everything you need to prepare, process, and render finished audio master files. Sound Forge Pro Mac includes iZotope’s Mastering and Repair Suite of high-end processing plug-ins that you can use right away by simply dropping them into the application’s Plug-In Chain tool.
- Added loudness meters and loudness logging.
- Added support for ripple editing in event-editing mode. Choose Options > Event > Auto Ripple to toggle automatic ripple editing for downstream events.
- Added support for moving markers, regions, and envelope points with event and audio selections. Choose Options > Lock to Selection > Markers/Regions and Options > Lock to Selection > Envelope Points to toggle marker/region and envelope-point locking.
- Added support for splitting events at the cursor or region boundaries.
- Added support for snapping selections to zero crossings.
- Added support for automatically trimming audio.
- Added a customizable editing toolbar.
- Added Create new region and Create new window recording modes.
- Added support for drag-and-drop event pasting and mixing.
- Added support for editing files in SpectraLayers Pro 2.0. Added support for reading and saving FLAC audio.
- Added support for pasting and mixing events by holding Command while moving events by dragging them.
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.7 or later