SMART Utility is an application to scan the internal hardware diagnostics system of hard drives. SMART (Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology) is a system built into hard drives by their manufacturers to report on various measurements (called attributes) of a hard drive’s operation. The attributes can be used to detect when a hard drive is having mechanical or electrical problems, and can indicate when the hard drive is dying. This allows time to hopefully backup, and then replace the drive.
Run this utility once a week or more to ensure your HD, and your data, are okay!
- Added ability to display second temperature attribute if primary temperature attribute doesn't exist
- Changed Email Preferences window to eliminate default port and always require port to be specified
- Fixed bug where temperature display for 190 attribute would not display in Fahrenheit if preference was selected
- Fixed bug causing crash when running tests if email notifications were turned on
- Fixed bug where DrivesList.plist was incorrectly marking passed drives as failing
- Fixed bug where info, attributes, errors, and tests windows still had "/dev"
- Fixed bug where info, attributes, errors, and tests windows didn't show drive name when there was only one partition
- Fixed bug causing multiple popups occurring in rare situations
- Fixed bug that caused a rare crash when saving drives
- Updated French localization for new attributes and UI
- Updated smartctl engine to 6.3 which supports many more drives
OS X 10.5 or later