SketchUp is an easy-to-learn 3D modeling program that enables you to explore the world in 3D. With just a few simple tools, you can create 3D models of houses, sheds, decks, home additions, woodworking projects – even space ships. And once you’ve built your models, you can place them in Google Earth, post them to the 3D Warehouse, or print hard copies.
- 64-bit application - We've updated the SketchUp engine to run as a 64-bit application on both PC and Mac operating systems. Also requires OS X 10.8 or later.
- Face Finder improvements - We've mined and optimized the code for Face Finder, one of the core under-the-hood operations that make SketchUp's magic possible.
- Rotated Rectangle - For a few years now, we hosted a wildly useful, but not wildly popular Rotated Rectangle extension. This extension allows you to draw non-90 degree rectangles on the ground. The folks who used this tool found it extremely handy, so we decided to build it into SketchUp with some significant enhancements.
- 3-Point Arc - With the addition of a 3 Point Arc tool, there are now four different ways to draw arc'd edges in SketchUp.
- New licensing system - We've replaced our licensing system to make it much more friendly.
- Fast Styles - Styles are an incredibly powerful (and fun) feature in SketchUp, but very few SketchUp users understand that style choices heavily affect modeling speed. We went ahead and badged those styles that help SketchUp operate smooth and fast.
- IFC Import and Classifier enhancements (SketchUp Pro Only) - This is the second release in a row that we've beefed up SketchUp Pro's capabilities to participate in information modeling. This time around, we've added an IFC importer to allow the exchange of information between SketchUp and other "BIM" applications in both directions.
- Ruby API improvements - Along with upgrading SketchUp's API to 64-bit, we're also introducing some new developer-facing features.
- Trimble Vision Technology Integration - Imagine Match Photo on steroids and you've got our SketchUp integration with Trimble Vision.
OS X 10.8 or later